Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I steam my cream colored wool coat myself with out damaging it?

I have a 3/4 length cream colored wool wither coat that I need to get ready for a party tomorrow night. It is a little wrinkled but I don't what to take it to the dry cleaner yet. Can I steam it with one of those at home steamers safely without damaging?Can I steam my cream colored wool coat myself with out damaging it?
Probably. If there is any plastic or leather or fur, you should contact the dry cleaner. If not, why not try a more gentle steam first, and use an actual steamer if the gentle method doesn't work? For the gentle method, which I use quite often with great success, I hang the item very straight on a hanger, put it in the small bathroom away from the shower so it won't get sprayed, and then turn on the shower with the hottest water the shower will produce. I shut the door and let the room fill up with steam. After about 15 to 20 minutes I slip inside, shut off the shower, leave, shut the door again, and let the item hang for at least a couple of hours.Can I steam my cream colored wool coat myself with out damaging it?
press with steam iron.... I wouldn't chance the whole steamer thing....





http://reviews.ebay.ie/HOW-TO-CARE-FOR-Y鈥?/a>





see 'pressing' near the bottom....
I ';launder'; all of my wool coats each season with Dryel.





It even comes with spot remover packets for stains! That stuff rocks! And the start-up kit is only $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment