Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My couch is cream colored!! and i want green pillows as an accent color, what other color pillows can i use?

not a lime green or a dark green...just about inbetween. but i dont know if i should just do ALL green pillows or if i should add another color in there.





my curtains are green as well. any ideas? thanks











(and if its of any importance...my dining room is red (accent color anyways) i'm in an apt...all the walls are whiteMy couch is cream colored!! and i want green pillows as an accent color, what other color pillows can i use?
i love deep chocolate browns with cream and green but you can also use black or ablack and cream print (you don't want to use all solid colors-boring ! this color scheme won't clash with the red in your (i'm assuming) adjacent dining roomgood luck and happy decoratingMy couch is cream colored!! and i want green pillows as an accent color, what other color pillows can i use?
Brown pillows would be a nice accent color to go with the green pillows. I have the same color of living room furniture as you. I went to K Mart %26amp; bought four green pillows. They're made out of that real soft material. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I decided that I needed an accent color in the living room, so I bought four brown pillows that are identical to the green pillows. It adds a nice touch to the living room %26amp; the brown gives the room the pick me up it needed.
Sounds like you either have a lot of time on your hands or not much self confidence. In my opinion cream is a pretty neutral color. It's your home you should express yourself in it. So take a deep breathe and do that. Sounds like you already know what you don't want so now what do you want? Don't worry about your friends and ';What will they think?'; Maybe they'll think you are you.
Wow! my mind was saying red and I just saw that your ding room was red we must have the same taste perhaps !





http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51鈥?/a>





Anyway whatever you do keep it simple even if you add red like a vase on the table it's good you don't need to fill your sofa with pillows that your guest will push aside or make the sofa too cluttered by them . Get a nice poster framed with red flowers for instance this will add colour to your living room and tie to the dining room as well.





http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?st鈥?/a>





http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?st鈥?/a>
Since the walls are white and the couch is cream, I would go with bold accent pillows, like a rich purple or rust orange. You can also try bold multi colored pillows.
I like blues and purples best with green. I would definitely add another color. Cream and green are great together, but with an aqua or purple the room will have more pizazz!



Chocolate would be perfect - goes with red, goes with various greens and warms up a cream colored couch.
Green/orange/yellow looks great together. Just like you said, not too bright or too dark, rich warm tones. Good luck, I think it'll turn out great

No comments:

Post a Comment