Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have a cream colored colonial house and I am looking for authentic colors for the door and shutters.?

I want the door and shutters to be different colors. Bring on your best suggestions. The winner gets 10 points from me and I hopefully get a fabulous looking home. Thanks for all your suggestions.I have a cream colored colonial house and I am looking for authentic colors for the door and shutters.?
Here's a great manufacturer of authentic colors for that time period! - Old Village Paints - http://old-village.com





They were featured on the history channel, and they have several examples of famous buildings that have used their paints when restoring. Here's a blurb from their site -





';OLD VILLAGE PAINTS capture the charm and character of Colonial, Federal and Victorian periods. Perfect for furniture, walls, decorative accents, interior and exterior woodwork.';





If you want something dramatic, use their Rittenhouse Red; If you want something more subtle - Rittenhouse Green - http://old-village.com/paint_profiles/ov鈥?/a>





A beautiful combination would be the Society Hill Blue and the Philadelphia Brownstone . ..





Hey, if you're refinishing any antique furniture for your colonial home, I strongly recommend General Finishes! Beautiful oil based and waterbased furniture paints that have won awards - http://www.generalfinishes.com





Best of luck! Post images when you're done!I have a cream colored colonial house and I am looking for authentic colors for the door and shutters.?
red door and black shutters





navy door and tan shutters
I like a forest green color. Or maybe just a shade of brown for an earthy look.
Benjamin Moore: Richmond bisque shutters with classic burgundy or heritage red for the door.
How about sagey green shutters and a blue-green door, or vise versa. Or how about barn red shutters with a black or brown door.

No comments:

Post a Comment