Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is the going rate for cream colored dachshunds?

I work at Banfield Pet hospitals and I had this client come in with a ';cream'; dachshund. He kind of looked like a golden retriever in color, and he was long haired. Where do I find one of these little guys and how much would it cost me to get one as a pet?What is the going rate for cream colored dachshunds?
By far the very best and safest way to find a nice pet dachsund from a respectable breeder would be to visit the Dachsund Club of America's breeder referral page, or email them and ask for a list of member breeders in your state, and then call around and ask questions, visit kennels, see what their dogs are like.





A pet quality puppy from a good breeder will probably run anywhere from $500 -$800 and will come with a health guarantee and a lifetime guarantee that if you are ever unable to keep the dog, you will return it to the breeder. You will also be expected to sign a spay/neuter contract. Whatever you do, please don't make the huge mistake of buying one from a pet store or a backyard breeder...but then again, you work at an animal hospital so I am sure you already know that!!





Here's the web address for the DCA.What is the going rate for cream colored dachshunds?
When I got my red mini doxie 2 yrs ago, the breeder also had cream. I was going to get one but they were 200.00 more than mine. He was asking 600.00. He is a excellent breeder and been doing it for years let me know if your interested he's in Dayton Ohio. Report Abuse

That's one of the UGLIEST colors allowed in dachs.!!!! No reputable breeders wants em!


PUKEY!!! YUCK *%26amp;* NASTY!!
I have never seen a doxie this color. Since it is not up to AKC standard, it would be worth less than a quality pup. I would not pay over $150 for one. I can't tell you where to find one since I have never seen one.

No comments:

Post a Comment