Saturday, December 26, 2009

I spilt bleach on a cream colored carpet is there any way to color those splattered spots instead of replacing

You can contact your local carpet company and tell them what happened. See if they can, or if they know anyone that can dye the carpet spot. If they say there's no way and you need to replace the carpet, call another company. This happened to me-on chocoate brown carpet. I bought the Rit fabric dye at the local store-found in the bleach area. I was able to color it so it wasn't quite as noticeable-you really had to look hard to see the differenceI spilt bleach on a cream colored carpet is there any way to color those splattered spots instead of replacing
LesLean has a good suggestion. I've done this on several occasions. You have to be careful to mix and match colors. Practice on an area in a closet or some other hidden place. Depending on your carpet, deep pile for example, maybe a patch cut from a hidden area would work better.I spilt bleach on a cream colored carpet is there any way to color those splattered spots instead of replacing
You can rent a rug doctor and shampoo the carpets using a bleach solution. That will lighten the whole carpet to match the bleach stain.
No don't think you can fix that spot on the carpet,if you could I would of fix the spots of bleach I got on my pants
Rearrange the furniture.
I'd try some tea...I've actually used this to dye linens an ecru colour. Just dip a cloth in some hot tea %26amp; try dabbing it on one of the spots, if you're thinking of relacing the carpet anyway...it wouldn't hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment