Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Navy blue walls, mocha tan furniture, cream carpeting...What color curtains/valance for my triple windows?

I have navy blue walls, cream carpeting, and mocha tan furniture. Dark trim and a set of three windows side by side for a length of 9ft. What kind and color of window treatments? I want something elegant but eyecatching. I could also use the color as throw pillows for the couch and loveseat...Navy blue walls, mocha tan furniture, cream carpeting...What color curtains/valance for my triple windows?
You need light. Use a coarse-textured sheer in a cream that coordinates with the carpet and add side panels in nubbly silk (or a silk-look polyester!) The side panels should be in a print or weave that includes the navy and tan, to help pull together all those dark solids. Repeating that pattern/colors on the throw pillows is a great idea.Navy blue walls, mocha tan furniture, cream carpeting...What color curtains/valance for my triple windows?
I wholeheartedly agree with ND DVM, with one addition...add an accent of a lively color: a lemon yellow, a lime green or a tomato red. Not too much, just a hint...perhaps a pillow or two, or a bowl of fruit. Use this accent three times in the room for continuity. It all sounds very nice. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment